Tuesday, February 12, 2019

ChaserCon 2019 Forecasting Class slides available online, & "Surviving the Storm" on YouTube!

 Image courtesy of Bill Hark, from Facebook.

ChaserCon 2019 in Wichita, Kansas this past weekend was well-attended, and Shawna and I had a great time talking to so many storm chasers and severe weather enthusiasts!  Thank you to all the convention attendees who stuck around on Sunday, Feb. 10 for my class, and thanks for all the great questions, supportive comments, and big enthusiasm about learning how to forecast!

For those interested, I put up my Powerpoint slides from the class at:




I've also had a surprising number of requests for a DVD presentation on tornado forecasting, similar to my class.  That is definitely something I'll work on in the near future, so stay tuned.  But also be patient, as I have quite a few committments going right now.

------------------------------------------------

One other subject...  My wife Shawna's excellent 30 minute video "Surviving the Storm: What Chasers Want You to Know" is now on YouTube FREE of charge:



This exciting presentation details everything your loved ones and friends need to know about staying safe from a wide variety of severe weather threats.

We can "Pay Forward" our passion about storms (as Shawna has done with this outstanding video) by sharing our knowledge about staying safe when severe weather threatens through talks to community groups, neighborhood home owners and apartment associations, church groups, schools, etc.  This video (no cost!) is a great tool around which to build a severe weather safety talk, if you have an interest in doing that sort of thing.

So please use it and spread the word!  Thanks...

- Jon Davies  2/12/19



No comments: